Saturday, March 31, 2012

Off to RAA


Ahhh the journey to meet the RAA team. Missed my flight in Salt Lake and the next one out was overbooked. They were trying to fly me out on the 10:00 p.m. flight or early next morning. I am pretty sure they thought I was crazy when I told them with tears in my eyes I was running across America and the team LEAVES at midnight! I sat and watched this screen for almost two hours watching my name crawl from being 4th on the list until finally I was first. They plane had boarded and I was crying and then lady just called my name and said, "Just Go". More tears and I was running to the plane. THANK YOU. When I was on the plane I was bumped around and ended up being in an emergency exit and could not keep my bag with me. So I met the guy next to me named Matt. He was so sweet. One question from him and more tears appearesd. We talked about life! It felt good and I knew I was where I needed to be.

Once I arrived I met the team briefly as everyone was eating pizza around 9:00, knowing that the run would begin at midnight and we weren't sure when the next meal would be. I was exhausted and I realized that I would not be going to bed tonight, instead I would be running. Made a quick trip to Walmart and got some essentials to get me by. Of course I had to have my Chobani and the Starburst jellly beans were a big hit as well.

Then it was time to get dressed and ready to run. I started with a toe that looked like this. It was seriously fine the day before? Ouch!

I shared some NUUN love and the team was thrilled. NUUN shared bottles, tubes and sample to hydrate the team for 21 days! So generous and so appreciated!! I did have to laugh when one of my teammates ate a NUUN tablet before I could tell him otherwise. :)

And then it began...Run Across America. Here are two of my teammates Chris and Ashley!! This was going to be good.

6 comments:

Kris said...

Thank God you were able to get on the flight!! :) Mmm Chobani!! Ouchy on the toe :(

Michelle said...

I find that tears work WONDERS with the airlines! :) Glad they got you on....what a journey...can't wait to hear what comes next.

Kathy said...

Wow, wild start!!
Watch that toe!!

Nicole said...

Nothing like starting things off with a bang! I am eager to read about the whole journey!

Jan said...

Way to start this adventure in an exciting way!

Suz and Allan said...

Thank goodness you were able to make the flight!