Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Own It



As 2012 rolled in everyone seems to want to be new and improved. I too am all for growth and change but at the same time I have to be careful what I chase. Am I chasing those long legs, ripped abs, perfect house, amazing meals, ect?

While I may pursue getting "better" I have to take time to LOVE where I am. Love yourself and where you are. We are all stronger, smarter and faster than we may think.

So as well roll into 2012 I am careful to not let a mirror or before and after pics define if I have arrived. (this can be tough)

What is your motivation? Who are you trying to impress? Gain approval from?
I am still thinking about this and the answers are complex. We all have something that represents those undesireable thunder thighs in our life. It may physical, emotional or spiritual.

So today just embrace where you are. Not where the "plan" is taking you.

"LOVE your Thunder Thighs"

8 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm trying to prove to myself theat I can do it. I'm trying to combat depression naturally. I'm trying to outrun the fact that my husband is sick and we have just FINALLY figured out what is wrong with him, no course of action yet...
But mostly I'm trying to be healthy and fit for my girls, to show them that fitness is for life and part of life no matter how busy or old we get.
I wouldn't mind loosing my thunder thighs either!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I know I am blessed, good days and bad. So I am happy with where I am at. But that fact only makes me excited for where I'll be tomorrow! ;-)

Marlene said...

Way to be, girl!

Run with Jess said...

But ooooo, I have so much thunder!!! LOL

H Love said...

Let the thunder roll

Michelle said...

What a great post. Yet another reason to set resolutions! :)

Jill said...

Wish I didn't have the thunder, but I do so I am trying to make it look as good as possible! Work in progress, but I'm still good with me.

Thanks for the post.

Kris said...

You are so right Harmony!! Love what you have first instead of aspiring to be someone you are not. I ponder this when I start anything new because I need to do the things I'm gifted at and not trying to be someone else. I grew up doing everything my big sister did and delayed myself from finding what I enjoy such as running and dancing. I didn't realize this till I followed my sister into the insurance industry and hated my job, horrible I know but thank God for grace because now I am finding what I love and what I'm good at instead of what my sister loves and what she is good at.