Sunday, January 22, 2012

Getting the Boot

So I am on day 22 of rest with only 3 miles total to my name.  This PF stuff is really starting to cramp my style. 

Who needs this much rest? I have worn this boot the last two nights, hoping for some more time to heal while I am snoozing. After a long weekend of coaching my feet are feeling horrible.

With our big doctor appointment on Tues. and not being to run...I just just hit a wall tonight.  I told my amazing hubby that I had to get off my feet (for reals).  He set me up with some bball to watch and soup in bed.  I have been up a few times but trying to stay put. 

I feel the extra pounds and trying to not get down.  I need to sweat.  I need to run with my peeps. I need to start training for Eugene.

One more week may slip by and then only 13 weeks left.  What does that mean?  Do I just give in and lose that money?  Do I look for something else? 

Feeling frustrated but I am sure I am just feeling dramatic with scan coming.

I do have an exciting opportunity that I have been thinking about and IF I go for it I am going to need all of you to make it work. 

So stay tuned....need to pump myself up maybe just cry a bit.  Either way I know that this too shall pass.


Anyone ever use the boot???

Other tricks or tips?
Introducing the BOOT

Quick pic of me and new glasses. Couldn't even "fake" a good smile...so you get the toothless grin. :)

7 comments:

Jessica (Pace of Me) said...

oh man, hang in there. i have never used the boot, but i know people who have. i really really hope your pain goes away and that you are feeling better soon. just like your blog says, "keep on keepin' on" and take it one day at a time. you are filled with so much light and so much faith, i can tell that just from reading your blog and not ever meeting you in person ... i just know it is all going to be ok and that you will hang on.
can't wait to hear about the exciting opportunity on the horizon!!

AngMomof3 said...

Hi you. Praying things go your way this week.

misszippy said...

Harmony--I have been through some serious bouts w/ PF. Trust me on this--get out of shoes and into bare feet as much as you possibly can. Since doing that almost a year ago, I never, ever, have a twinge whatsoever. It will hurt for a few days but then, you will start getting over it. Do it!!

Kris said...

Harmony my heart goes out to you, I want to cry with you. I know the only thing I can do is pray and that's the best thing because I know God knows exactly what you need, so that's what I'll continue to do. Jessica is right you do have so much light and so much faith shining through you because Christ is within in you. (Philippians 4:13) Continue to lean on Him for strength.

Rebecca said...

So frustrating! I haven't worn the boot, but I did have a stress fracture in my hip. The reconditioning process has been a pain, and today was my first double digit run since May.

Feel better, prayers for your recovery!

Molly said...

I still have my boot, I think it really helps to wear it to bed. Are you stretching your calves?? That helps too. Praying that all goes well with your husband's appointment today.

Marlene said...

I'm so sorry that you are still laid up! I KNOW you need to get your run on!! I hope that foot feels better soon.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SCAN. Everything crossed.