Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Nerd Wanna Be Runner & a Winner

Nerd Wanna Be Runner! Well that is what I felt like this morning. I was excited because today was the first day that I would be doing speed instead hills on a Wednesday! 2 X 2 repeats at 8:05 pace. Coach said I could rest after the first two so I was just focusing on getting my short sausage legs to move fast enough to get me to two miles.

When I got to two I decided to go keep on keeping on, worried that if I stopped I may not be able to fall back into that speedy pace.

So I made it...4 miles straight at 8:06 pace.

4 miles: 32:24! Huge FIRST for me!
5K P.R. as well (24.18)
I ran a mile warm up and .5 cool down as I was running out time. (seems to be a theme)

Anyhoo I was so excited that I texted my Coach! Yes, this is just what I needed. I am nailing this plan! Yippee! She was happy but pointed out I was suppose to run 7 total today!

WHAT?
Ugh!

I felt like a total NERD WANNA BE RUNNER! I ran 5.5! BOO!

It just reminded me that I don't know what the heck I am doing. I read my own training plan WRONG! So disappointing!

I know it may be ticky tacky but I am feeling a bit "sensitive" this time of the month! Still a huge victory and I am amazed and how I AM getting faster a little bit at a time. (even when bloated HA!)

So if there are any other NERD WANNA BE RUNNERS out there I would love to give you a shout out! I think I am going to be here for awhile...so much to learn! Step one: read your plan CORRECTLY!

Well today is also the day I get to announce the THIRSTY THURSDAY giveaway. So with out further nerdiness....Pink Hat Runner is the winner of the Running for Him shirt amd $25 gift card. Thanks to everyone who read Amanda's story and entered to win! You are all winners in my book, and that is coming from a NERD WANNA BE RUNNER!!

10 comments:

Tricia said...

great run!

Penny said...

Your run was great. Don't beat your self up over not reading you running plan correctly. I have done the same thing before, except I have a running partner and she corrected me on how many miles we were suppose to run. I'm smiling because that is so me. Tomorrow is a new day and a new run. You go girl. Thanks for letting me know I won. You just made my day.

Anonymous said...

awesome job on such a speedy run. don't worry about what you were 'supposed' to run. celebrate your victory!

Meredith said...

Okay, so even if you read the schedule wrong, you still rocked it!! Stinkin' impressed with your mile times! I could barely make it through 1 at that pace today!

Amanda said...

Good job on your 4!! That's an awesome time and there's always next time right?

Congrats Penny on winning! I sent you an email.

Thank you to everyone who entered the giveaway!

Lucky Girl said...

Way to go!! That is nothing to be upset about!!

Marlene said...

Don't get down on yourself - you can a super speedy 4 miles without even taking a break! That's awesome. You can make up those 2 miles elsewhere.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

You did Amazing.. it was probably the coach that screwed up and wrote a confusing plan.. Will get you back on track..

Congrats on the 5K PR!!

Unknown said...

You did great! I've read the plan wrong plenty of times. Been so pumped about my awsome work and did 2x10 instead of 2x12 or something. Oops!

Julie D. said...

you rocked it! according to plan or not...celebrate it.