I was tagged by Stacie at Impossible is Nothing. This should be fun!
1. If you could eat anything without any health repercussions or guilt, what would your meal be? Fried chicken is my favorite! But I rarely eat it...maybe once or twice a year. My Gramma and Mom both made it for me on my birthday's. So it has some sentimental value as well. Did I just say food has sentimental value? Yep! I did! Add some mashed potatoes and veggies and I am set! I am a total meat and potato type girl!
2. If you could meet anyone living or dead who would it be and why? I wish I could have met Jesus back in the day! I think it would help me be more real with my relationship with God. Seeing miracle and feeling his overwhelming love and peace in person would be pretty cool. Having that personal connection would help me be more accountable!
3. Why did you start blogging and what did you expect when you started? I started blogging after Stacie at Impossible is Nothing shared her blog with me. I knew I wanted to TRY running but I was so scared. Stacie encouraged me and made me feel like I could do it! I still feel like my blog is for me and I don't put much effort in it being entertaining. I just write what I feel and typically have no plan! I love the relationships and support blogging allows. I feel blessed to have met strong women who have allowed me to pray, encourage and run along with them. I love it!
4. What is the one book you could read over and over again? Hmmmm! I don't read a lot and when I do it is usually something for my spiritual growth. But I do have one book that has rocked my world. Crazy Love by Francis Chan is deep and really really good! On the total flip side the Twilight series is oh so fun! Of course gotta have my Runners World as well!
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? My travels would start in Pensacola, FL. My Granny and Papa raised me there in weird ways...divorce and summer visits but somehow I feel the most connected to Pensacola. So I would have to hit the beach, walk in the soft, warm, white sand, and listen to the waves before I would board an airplane to possibly Ireland, France, Australia??
6. If you could have a TV show on the Food Network, what would it be? It would have to be something with kids and cooking. I am "all growed up" and I struggle in the kitchen. I am one of six kids and lived in a tiny house so when someone was cooking....all the kids stayed out of the kitchen! So I am clueless and easily frustrated. So if I could do a show with kiddos learning how to cook, maybe I could glean some good stuff. I do OK and I am getting better! Thankfully my Hubby is a wonderful cook and enjoys it.
7. What was the best meal you ever had? The first time I had crab with on my hubby on our honeymoon. We were at Disney and ate at Fulton's Crab House. It was so so yummy! Second Place would be a local French place, West of Paris! Only been there once, quit the treat!
8. Who has been the greatest influence on your love for food and learning to cook?
Probably my husband and my Granny and Papa. My Granny and Papa always made people meals and they loved making the meals special! I loved that!! So much time, care and prep! My hubby hasn't taught me just because I don't want him to! But I do admire him and love to see him and the kids in the kitchen!
Wow OK that was a lot. Sorry that I am not more domestic...I am working on it!
I am tired and running out of time so I am going to pass this onto 3 peeps who have touched my heart recently! Have fun and pass it on too some other bloggers!
Erika @ Chasing My Monkey's 1 mile at a time
Meredith @ Therapeutic Runnings of a Mom
Julie @ Finish Line Diaries