Sunday, May 2, 2010

More good news..

So hopefully many of you who follow Tall Mom....heard the good news. She qualified for the Boston marathon. WOO HOO!! I am so happy for her! CONGRATS! Even better today was Compassion Sunday and I had 30 precious children all needing sponsors. 9 children found families today and I am so happy and thankful that their life will be forever changed. I am hopeful next week that God will move more people to sponsor a child as well. God is BIG and can make anything possible. For some that impossible becoming POSSIBLE may be qualifying for the Boston Marathon, running their first 5K, or having a family sponsor them after waiting for so long for that little extra help. We all have dreams and hopes that sometimes we lose to fear.

Today was a good reminder that the things God commands and calls us to do is not always going to be easy or comfortable. Believing in his faithfulness and leaning on him helps me do and try so many things. For example, setting up this Compassion Sunday and not knowing IF anyone would even care or be able to help these children??? We all know how that turned out!! Another example would be the day I clicked that button signing up to run a my first MARATHON in October. I have doubts....serious doubts but if I keep going back to God as my source of strength I know that anything is possible. It is going to be a long road, but I won't be alone.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and found some time to run, worship and play!
HAPPY RUNNING!

6 comments:

AngMomof3 said...

No doubts! You can do it!!! I think you've got a great support system here of people who can help you get ready. The weather WILL be better for training before October! :)

H Love said...

thanks Ang! you are amazing!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

You will be GREAT!! Thanks for the shout out.. Did I send you an eamil about the Bloggy Meet up?? Cant remember.. I will have more details once I get settle din my new house.

God has blessed me in very strange ways this week.

1. My car broke down, but 167 had not cars during rush hour so I could pull to the shoulder. This is the same car we were taking to Eugene and we were able to get it fixed.

2. Our move in date was delayed, so I was able to spend a few days before the race to RELAX and not do anything. This was a total blessing in disguise..

Momma Twitch said...

You are one smart woman! Everything is possible with God's help. :) You're going to do awesome in October. One run at a time and you'll do great. :)

Stacie said...

Harmony, you will do amazing in October. I have zero doubt.

Ryan said...

My wife is the best!