Sunday, February 28, 2010

Garmin Results...

Well after spending way to much time trying to load some cheesy snap shots of me with my Garmin I have given up. I may try again later! So sorry no pics right now but I am very excited to share my Garmin experience! Saturday I met with a two other runners for a relaxing 6mile run. I was expected rain and wind and instead we had a pleasantly mild run. I am still not exactly sure how to tell the average of the mile. It is very easy to start and then load but then there are so many lines for speed, pace, etc. that I am not sure where to go? When I click on one area of the line between mile 1 and 2 I see huge differences in pace?? This seems crazy or that I would feel that more??

RUN 1
Distance: 6.2 miles
Time: 54:22
Pace: 9:00 min/mi
Mile 1 9:57
Mile 2 9:45
Mile 3 8:06
Mile 4 8:48
Mile 5 9:43
Mile 6 6:45 (this seems wrong but we were pushing pretty hard at this point and had a sprint finish the last 1/4 mile)


It was wonderful meeting a NEW fellow runner that I think is going to be up for joining me on this running journey. She is flesh and bones as well,..BONUS...though of course I do love my blog running buddies and supporters. I am thankful that God placed a person in my life. You all know I have been praying for some running buddies. I'm really getting excited at the thought of meeting some of you at the Seattle Rock and Roll Half.


OK if you are still reading and aren't bored to tears I just have one more thing to share.

RUN 2
Distance: 3.2 miles
Time: 27:02
Pace: 8:56 min/mi.
Mile 1 8:03
Mile 2 7:51
Mile 3 8:53

If you can't tell there are some hills involved. I belive this is a PR for me!!!
It has been a goal to get under a nine minute mile average....and baby I am counting this! So needless to say I love my GARMIN....but don't know her to well but plan on spending more time together! Any thoughts or tips on being able to see more clearly average of each individual mile would be really helpful or any other Garmin tips.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Way to go on your run! Great pace - you're a little speed demon! Score!

I have had my Garmin nearly two years and FINALLY just figured out how to make it do 1 mile laps...so I am so not a good person to go to for the "how to".

Excited to meet a fellow RnR Seattle runner! We certainly have a lot in common. :)