Monday, February 22, 2010

GARMIN 305

OK...so my sweet hubby got me a Garmin 305 for my birthday and it arrived today. I am bit nervous as it looks a bit bulky?? Not sure if that will bug me or "slow' me down. It looks so officaial. I am patiently waiting for him to come home and help sort through the manual and get it going. I had a goal of hitting 100 miles by the end of February and I am running out of time. I only have 7 days to need to fit in 15 miles??? It really isn't fun being behind....I want to catch up!

If anyone has a Garmin I would love to hear how you like it and if any special tips??? I will post pics of my Garmin soon.

6 comments:

Stacie said...

Due to the fact that I have limited hours in the day to run outside when the girls are both gone, I have only used my Garmin 5 times. So far I LOVE it. It does take some getting use to since they do seem HUGE but I am enjoying it so far. I'm sure I have lots to learn still but I look forward to many miles with it. Have fun and good luck reaching your 100 mile mark. You can do it!!!!

H Love said...

So do you have a Garmin 305??

Rookie on the Run said...

I have a Garmin 305. I L-O-V-E it! I don't use it to its fullest potential, but I like what I use it for (tracking miles and pace).

Congrats!!

Jen said...

I have a Garmin FR60... Lola.

I use it with the Foot Pod so it tracks my miles that way. Less coplicated, less expensive and easier to use than the 305. I was not that hard core yet.

Try DC Rainmaker's blog... he recently reviewed them.

April said...

Thanks for finding my blog!! Your kids are just precious!
I got the Garmin 305 for Christmas and it really helped me take my running to another level! You will love it! It is big, but you get used to it.
Make sure to wear something under it(i.e. sleeve or wristband) because you don't want the charging sensors to get wet from sweat.
God Bless and Happy Running!

Lisa Marquart said...

No Garmin here, but I know lots o' runners love 'em.
Keep up the great work, my friend.
Huge hugs!!!
L