Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yes Yes Yes!

So on December 5th I began this 6 week challenge to try to "maintain" through the holidays. So on paper it looked easy...workouts all written down I just needed to do it. Goodies seemed to be everywhere but I did OK. I definitely had my fill of treats but tried to balance things. So for the last month I have been forcing myself to get out of the bed by 5:30 to get to the gym. Honestly going from the house to the garage is the worst part. It is dark so I am of course fearful that coyotes and psycho deer are waiting for me. Once I get to the car and get going I start to look forward to getting to the gym. It is nice to see the same faces every morning and know that we are all on a journey and there at that time for different reasons. I see mommy's, grandma's, grandpa's and muscle men all getting healthy. So tonight when I was measured and weighed I was thrilled....(drum roll) to find out that I had lost 5 lbs. and 6 inches. So yes yes yes it has been worth it, to get up and shuffle around in the dark and fight off coyotes (in my mind) for the last 6 weeks. So now I hope I have formed some type of habit and can try to keep it up. It was a competition as well, with 8 other women that I don't know. I am guessing most lost more weight and inches than me, but there is a slim chance I could win a prize. I'll keep you posted.
RUN RUN RUN!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Awesome Harm!!!!! Love the blog and love this post. I can totally relate since I just finished up my challenge. Keep it up. You are doing great!!!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Wow oh wow look at the payoff for your dedication!! Love it!

I have been sidelined this week with sickness.

I think the city you sent is fine, the city is more so local Bloggers can find eachother.. But if you want me to put Spokane I will