Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Believe.

I have some amazing news to share. As many of you know my husband has been fighting cancer for the past 20 months. So much has happened. We have had a change in diagnosis, radiation, two major surgeries, physical therapy and nearly 6 months of in patient chemo. To say that our life has been turned upside down is an understatement. April was suppose to be the month that chemo would end and we be in the clear and just sit, wait and hope. Never ever in a million years did we think the cancer would grow during chemo. Well that is exactly what it did and to make things worse it moved to his lungs. Not just a spot or two but 20 plus spots in both lungs.

We were heartbroken beyond words. We met with our Seattle doc and he very lovingly told us that at this point there was no chance for a cure we could just hope to find chemo that could extend his life and give us a little more time together. It was terminal. He suggested we begin getting our "affairs" in order. Mid thirties, three amazing children and madly in love. WHAT?? This was not what we wanted to hear. Again our heart hurt.

We came home and seemed to sit in sadness and darkness. It was all too much. We knew God was with us but we were having a hard time finding the strength to draw near to Him. LONG STORY...but we ended up in place of prayer and having a sweet man pray for us. We wrote down our prayer request which was pretty horrible. The guy just looked at the paper and smiled. He put that paper down on the table and said, "God is so much bigger than this piece of paper". We were shocked and slightly confused. But what happened next made us both know that he was exactly right.

The man prayed for us with a boldness and confidence that I have never seen or heard. The words he said were like medicine to our aching hearts. His words reminded us that illness is NOT from God. Instead His word is filled with the promise of healing and refuge. Christ already bore our illness on the cross. We don't have to carry that burden. We live in a sinful world. This does not mean we do not have a great God that heals. We left feeling great. It was as if a darkness had been lifted and we could see clearly again. That night we both felt peace and joy that we had not felt since the diagnosis almost 2 years ago. We felt healed. As weird as it was to say and think that, we both felt it. We felt strength again. The joy of the Lord is our strength and we felt ourselves feeling stronger. Our circumstance had not changed but we still were abke to feel joy. That night we belived that a healing had begun. We decided to grab some ice cream, smile until our cheeks hurt and head home.

Fast forward to this past Friday. Things got crazy with scheduling and my hubby was able to squeeze into an appointment while he was over in the Seattle area for work. One bad thing about that was I wasn't able to go with him. Even though we were bummed about this we felt ok about it.

You can go to TEAM DAVIS to read the long version but what happend next was nothing short of a MIRACLE. When the doctor came in he told him that in one of his lungs an area of spots had just DISSAPEARED. The other spots that were left seemed so so tiny and had shown no sign of growth and if anything had become smaller. The dotcor was grasping at straws saying maybe it was inflamtion. My hubby and I both know that 6 weeks ago when he told us that there was no hope, that there was no talk of inflamtion or any other possible last ditch hope. This was a TRUE MIRACLE from God. God is real and he heals.

So no chemo. Nothing. We get to just be a family. My hubby will go back in 8 weeks for another scan. We are praying for complete healing and that the spots will be gone and that God will continue to work this amazing miracle. I believe.

So needless to say my heart is FULL of thanks. I feel like I am in a bible story and I want to Go Tell it on a Mountain. Glory to God! My hubby and I have had a shift of thinking. We can not pick and choose the promises of God that we believe. I am so thankful for the people prompting us to get in the word. By doing this I was able to read over and over again that it is God's will to heal, restore and change our hearts. We want to grow to know him more. That is what life is about.

This what my hubby texted me right after the appointment. We are so thankful but in many ways not surprised. Go God!

Thank you all for your prayers.There is always always hope in the Lord and I believe that now more than ever.

19 comments:

Neon Blonde Runner said...

best news ever, so full of joy for you and your family!!

Amanda said...

That is wonderful news!!! Praise God for his healing hand.

Anonymous said...

Amazing news!!! Sharing with everyone down here in CA who has been praying for you. To God be the glory!!!!

Caroline said...

Amen.
Amen my dear Harmony
Could not be happier for you and your beautiful family
God bless you all

Adawk said...

I am crying reading this. Same thing happened with my Dad. We truly believe in the power of prayer!!

Tasha Malcolm said...

Harmony I was so excited when I say Ryan's FB post. What a true miracle and blessing. I am so incredibly happy for you and your sweet family.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Simply overwhelmed reading this. Praying that God keeps His hands on your hubby using His power to cast those demons out. He will make him whole again. God is good.

Devon @ CrossTraining said...

I STILL CRY TEARS OF JOY whenever I think of God's amazing healing over your family.

When you texted me and said "we are hopeful" I just kept thinking "me too"... and now we know why.

I am CELEBRATING, thankful, and amazed alongside you and Ryan and your family. Continued prayers for complete healing.

WHAT AN AMAZING GOD WE SERVE!!!!!! Love you!!!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Happiest thing I've read or heard all year!!! Really really really happy for you Harmony!! Miraculous. Big HUG!

Unknown said...

Our God is an Awesome God, he reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power and love. Our God is an awesome GOD!

YAHOOOO Loved seeing the FB post, loved getting the news. My heart rejoices with you all. Can't wait to see you and celebrate

Corey said...

This brought tears of happiness to my eyes. I am so, so happy for you, your husband and your family. This is so wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

fancy nancy said...

Oh Harmony!!!! Tears streaming with joy for you all!!! I posted on Facebook last week that "God is in the healing business" and that is SO true!!! Praise God!

Karen Seal said...

Harmony. I. Am. Speechless. BUT GOD. WOW....Praise the Lord!!!! I will continue to pray for you guys and the scan in 8 weeks. Your husband has a true testimony of healing and God's love to share!!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is amazing! God is awesome!

Kris said...

Glory to God in the Highest!!! I am so overjoyed with the Miracle God has done!! I found out last night on FB and have been Praising the Lord and I am soooo HAPPY for you and your family!!! I am reminded of the this story in the Bible in Luke 17:11-19. Keep Praising the Lord for this wonderful victory!!!

Corrina said...

This is absolutely incredible. We serve a HUGE and MIGHTY God. Thank you for sharing this journey.

Unknown said...

Your story is so encouraging! My 35 yrold husband has been going through a similar battle with a blood disease, & we are also Washingtonians. Oddly enough I even saw the Team Davis post on fb since a friend of mine "liked" it so it was in my news feed. Small world- I now realize it was your husband! I've been following your blog since about a year ago when I started running. I was drawn to your blog bc of your boldness to talk about God. Thank you for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

That is a MIRACLE! So happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

This is the most wonderful news. Trying not to cry whilst writing this. So very happy for you. Praise God.