Saturday, January 5, 2013

Plans? What Plans?

Since signing up for Eugene life has been a bit of a roller coaster. I plotted out a beginning 4 week plan to build a base. I think this may be the most challenging part. Life circumstances have led to lack of motivation and a few more extra pounds than I would like. I am determined and hope I don't feel too discouraged as I know I will be hurting.

Marathon training officially begins tomorrow. But it seems plans don't ever stay the same. We are dealing with a big curve ball with my hubby's chemo treatment. He has been in the hospital for 7 days trying to process a drug. This was not the plan. The hospital is an hour plus away so this involves lots of driving for me. We are only a month in and his kidneys are not doing well and appear to be damaged. This means Plan A has to change involving other meds that hopefully his body can tolerate. This is tough. His entire protocol for the next 6 months will change. We want the best chance to beat this thing but as with everything we are not in control.

So my marathon training may change as well. It kind of amazes me how people around me "plan" anything. The assumption of "tomorrow", "next week", and "next year" has been halted for us.

Today I felt so frustrated. I just wanted my hubby home. I was at the end of my rope. Walking around the house eating...anything. After some trial and error I jumped on the trainer and got in a solid 20 miles. I really love my trainer. Too bad I am not a fan of riding outside (baby steps). However I am kind of day dreaming about a summer tri!I love running. I love swimming...it is just that darn bike.



I got caught up in the Women's Purdue and Nebraska game.
One of many hospital pics! Just thankful we are together and HOPING to bust my hubby out of this joint tomorrow. Cross your fingers!!

9 comments:

Kerrie said...

Thinking about you guys. Hugs.

Kris said...

You and Ryan and your kiddos are on my heart and in my thoughts. I'm praying and I am in agreement with you for those Promises to come to pass!! I hope we can get together this year for a run or just to talk. I'm praying for strength for you so you can run that marathon!! :)

Becky at Prairie Runner said...

Your strength and determination continues to amaze me. People are always looking for excuses - not you!!! I am thinking of you and your family and hoping many good things will come your way!

misszippy said...

Such a tough road! My mom was on methotrexate also and had to switch as well. For her, the new protocol has been easier and just as effective. Wishing the same for you guys. BIG hug and prayers today for you all!

Running Librarian said...

sending lots of good wishes and prayers to you and your family. Stay strong. Good luck with the jail break tomorrow too :)

Tasha Malcolm said...

I am really glad that I got to see you on Friday. If you ever need anything while you are in town, just let me know. I would love to go running with you and if you need a TM to use, I have one at my house. :-)

Keeping your sweet family in my thoughts.

megan.vining said...

Hugs to you and your family on a safe return home for Ryan! Prayers and hugs!

Devon @ CrossTraining said...

Praying for you. Glad that not only your training "plan" is flexible, but so is your heart as you lean on God for HIS plans.

Caroline said...

/i think of you every day, I pray for you all every night....you will beat this..he will be the victorious one...believe it