Sunday, September 12, 2010

Perspective Please

Disclaimer, this post is for me, just a way to sort my thoughts. Well this morning I was suppose to get up EARLY and go and hit my 15 miles before church. The alarm went off and I just went back to sleep. It has been a busy crazy weekend and we have had my niece the last two days since her mama had a baby on Friday! Yippee...another niece! (but 4 kiddo's all weekend) So between the fair,Cougar Football Saturday...and the looming amount of WORK I have to get done this week...I have had a hard time focusing on running.

Now I did get all my runs in this week including my 5 miles of speed work at an 8:30 pace. Yesterday I ran 8 and today I need to get in those 15! I am tempted to skip church and that bothers me a bit. I mean where are my priorities? I have all day to get my miles in...why do it during church. I know I just want to get it done, because every hour gives me more time to think of excuses why I won't run today. I think I am just hitting a wall...and need to get some pep back in my step. It just seems like the training has intensified and can be consuming. Frankly, the only thing that I want to consume me is God! I want to spend my time thinking of how I can share God's love with others and get into God's word. God is my center and when other things push him to the side...I get off balance. Balance is a good thing...happy mommy and wife! So this morning was a gut check. YES, YES I will get my 15 miles in today...and hopefully enjoy it! But until then I look forward to time with other believers and visiting my new baby niece!

4 comments:

mommaof3ontherun said...

I feel like the balance is always hard. You are not alone in the struggle to find it! I hope that you had a great day!

AngMomof3 said...

You're doing so great! Incredible, considering the pressures you are under. Glad you didn't skip church. Hope you were blessed by being there. I was happy to see you!

Keep on Keeping on, friend! You can make it!

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

Sometimes I feel like skipping church just to sleep in a little... sometimes just making yourself get out of bed and go when you feel that way, you hear a great sermon that reminds you of how great God is and you feel rejuvenated! That's what happened to me this past Sunday... God is good! I hope the rest of your training goes well! :D

Wendy said...

It can be so hard to find a balance, but I am often reminded of

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Love your blog!